Health & Safety
Important Update • Temporary Closure
In response to the Ontario provincial government announcement concerning the provincial wide lockdown, the operations at Gateway Casinos Clinton will be temporarily suspended effective 12:01 a.m. Saturday April 3, 2021.
The health and safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority at Gateway. We are collaborating with provincial health officials and consultants to ensure we have enhanced sanitation and safe-distancing measures in place, along with work procedures, practices and equipment appropriate for our industry.
Maintaining a clean environment is a year-round priority and it is regular practice to clean all hard surfaces, such as doors and tables. Under the current environment, we are being hyper-vigilant in our cleaning protocols throughout our properties to prevent the spread of transmittable illnesses, including COVID-19.
Gateway Health & Safety Promise
The health and wellbeing of our guests and employees is our top priority
- Casinos will reduce seating capacities at all available games in order to comply with public health guidelines for safe distancing and allow for minimum of six feet between guests.
- Our facilities continue to operate with the highest health & safety standards and will follow all public health officials’ guidelines to ensure that our facilities are clean, safe and healthy.
- New training given to employees to ensure their own health and safety as well as others.
- All hard surfaces and high touch areas are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Employee wellness will be checked at the beginning of each shift and no employee is allowed in the facility with any flu-like symptoms.
- Our team are washing their hands frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand rub for at least 20 seconds.
- All areas will be deep cleaned and sanitized at least once per day with continuous cleaning throughout the day.
- We have clearly marked areas where guests queue with floor decals for your safety and convenience.
- We have added Plexiglas barriers at players club desks, guest services, cashiers, and other areas throughout the property, to protect guests and employees alike.
- We have eliminated hand-to-hand contact with guests and co-workers (no handshakes, fist bumps, high-fives, etc.)
- We will continue to consult with the public health officials to ensure the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees.
Things to Know
- ADVANCED RESERVATIONS: We are requiring reservations to ensure entry to the site at a specific time. Details for reservations will be provided directly to invited guests.
- VIRTUAL QUEUEING: Invited guests are requested to have a valid cell phone to enter the virtual line up, even with reservations.
- All guests will be asked to stay in their car until time to enter the building.
- Entry is limited to My Club Rewards members and one guest only.
- Guests will enter through the main casino entrance only.
- Casino occupancy will be 50-person maximum at any one time.
- Self-provided face masks are required.
- Plexiglas barriers will be at security.
- All promotions are suspended while we are operating at a 50-person maximum capacity.
- All machines will be disinfected regularly, including attendants offering to sanitize machines for guests as they play.
- Congregations or crowds of guests will be dispersed in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer stations are readily available throughout the gaming floor.
- If you had a slot ticket that expired during the closure, it is redeemable at the cashier.
- We have rearranged banks and available slot machines to allow for social distancing. We will be removing chairs to create distance when appropriate.
- Table Games are not offered at this site.
- Food and beverage will not be available at this site upon opening.